The Government of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (GOSVG) is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from reputable and professional hotel managers and or experienced owners to lease or manage a new Holiday Inn Express hotel, located at Diamond in the state of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. GOSVG invites firms that have interest in providing effective management of the asset and investing in the promotion, marketing, commercialization and elevation of the hotel within the hospitality sector.
The hotel is currently under construction and is scheduled to be completed by November 2023. The hotel, which has 93 guest rooms of various sizes, meeting facilities and swimming pool, is owned by the GOSVG. It is located on the Diamond Industrial Estate, on the south eastern side of the island, and is approximately 3 miles from the Argyle International Airport and 7 miles from the Capital, Kingstown. The hotel is expected to service a mix of business and leisure visitors.
The GOSVG hereby invites local and foreign companies with demonstrated financial capability and experience in managing and operating hotels to submit written Expression of Interest (EOI) for the lease or management of the hotel.
Applicants must have the following experience and capacity:
Hotel Management Experience: The Applicant shall have proven experience operating and maintaining at least one 3-star and above category hotel with a least twenty-five (25) rooms for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Financial Capability: The Applicant must provide appropriate evidence of access to credit facilities from at least one reputable financial institution.
Commitment fee: The successful firm will be required to pay a non-refundable commitment fee of USD5,000.00, at the time of execution of the Lease/Management Agreement. It must also submit a letter from a reputable financial institution stating that it has capacity to secure the funds required for this commitment fee.
1. Company Profile: Name, Country and date of incorporation, and address of the corporate headquarters and branch office(s).
2. Hotel business experience: Details of its hotel brand(s), years of operation, operating performance metrics, and profiles of key management staff.
3. Financial profile: Annual Audited Financial statements for the three (3) most recent financial years, and in any case no later than 2017, 2018 and 2019, and at least one reference letter from a reputable financial institution on the credit worthiness of the applicant.
4. Litigation history: Details of litigation history for the last ten (10) years, including pending litigation, and sworn affidavit disclosing that the Applicant does not have Directors who were convicted in any Country of any criminal offense relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
5. Lease or Management Contract: The applicant must indicate its preference for a lease or management contract and must provide a sample contract for either lease or management, including the proposed terms and conditions.
6. Contact details: Details of individual(s) authorised to engage with GOSVG on behalf of the applicant. These details must include: name, designation, address, power of attorney from the Applicant, telephone number, and email address.
Applicants may contact the Hotel Project Implementation Unit (HPIU), Ministry of Finance and Planning, for a full copy of the Expression of Interest, to request information on this opportunity and to schedule a site visit to gather information to better understand this business opportunity.
Requests for information or requests to schedule site visit must be sent to the HPIU no later than 1500 hours on Friday, 8th September 2023, via email: email@example.com
Correspondences should be addressed to:
Hotel Project Implementation Unit
Ministry of Finance and Planning
Expression of Interest must be submitted to reach GOSVG on or before 1500 hours on Friday, 15th September 2023. Any submissions received after this deadline will not be considered.